Close Menu
trendyfii.comtrendyfii.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Phil Spencer Leaving Xbox, As Microsoft AI Boss Takes Over And Promises No "Soulless AI Slop"

    February 20, 2026

    As one star from Cole Harbour, N.S. is forced to only watch, another plays hero

    February 20, 2026

    Dad murdered by teenagers in ‘unprovoked’ racist attack after dropping groceries at his mother’s house

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Phil Spencer Leaving Xbox, As Microsoft AI Boss Takes Over And Promises No "Soulless AI Slop"
    • As one star from Cole Harbour, N.S. is forced to only watch, another plays hero
    • Dad murdered by teenagers in ‘unprovoked’ racist attack after dropping groceries at his mother’s house
    • Discord and Persona end partnership after shady UK age test sparks outcry
    • The best cards to pair with the American Express Gold
    • Has Reese’s Actually Changed Its Recipe?
    • New Game About Monster Politicians Somehow Less Evil Than The Real Thing
    • Alex Ferreira wins gold in men’s freeski halfpipe
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    trendyfii.comtrendyfii.com
    • Home
    • World News
    • Travel & Culture
    • Lifestyle Tips
    • UK Updates
    • US & Canada
    • Tech Trends
      • Health & Wellness
      • Entertainment
    trendyfii.comtrendyfii.com
    Home » Humanitarian access to Gaza still insufficient for relief and rebuilding: UN development chief
    World News

    Humanitarian access to Gaza still insufficient for relief and rebuilding: UN development chief

    Trendyfii Media DeskBy Trendyfii Media DeskFebruary 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Humanitarian access to Gaza still insufficient for relief and rebuilding: UN development chief
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Mr. De Croo, who chose Gaza for his first overseas visit since being appointed to the top job in November 2025, called for an expansion of access to the occupied territory for UN agencies to strengthen efforts to remove rubble and waste, provide shelter and medical equipment and evacuate patients.

    On Monday, Mr. De Croo visited Firas Market in downtown Gaza City, where around 370,000 tonnes of waste had piled up during the two-year war as garbage collection and sewage systems collapsed, turning it into a massive, foul-smelling landfill.

    ‘It will take us seven years to remove all the rubble’

    UNDP bulldozers began removing the waste a week ago, creating a glimmer of hope for Palestinians, with the aim of reopening the market as an economic hub. The UN entity is also involved in ensuring shelter, basic services, and education and health needs are met.

    Speaking to the media from Jerusalem, following his three-day trip to Gaza and the West Bank, Mr. De Croo, formerly a Minister for Development in the Belgian government, said that the living conditions were the worst he had ever seen and that, so far, only 0.5 per cent of the rubble in Gaza has been removed.

    “At the current pace, it will take us seven years to remove all the rubble,” he said. “We need to have more capacity to do rubble removal and rubble recycling. 90 per cent of the people of Gaza today live in the middle of that rubble, which is extremely dangerous”.

    The vast majority of Gazans are still living in rudimentary tents, which the UNDP is beginning to replace with recovery housing units. 4,000 of them are ready, but up to 300,000 are needed for the population. 

    “We understand the security concerns of the Israeli authorities”, explained Mr. De Croo, “but that should not be a reason to refuse access to organisations such as UNDP, other UN organizations and international NGOs.”

    Access chief development Gaza Humanitarian insufficient rebuilding relief
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleHealth-Care Workers ‘Snooped’ Records of Lapu-Lapu Victims
    Next Article Devil Daggers 2 is in development, as its creator confirms fewer than 1,500 people survived longer than 8 minutes in the original
    Trendyfii Media Desk
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Tech Trends

    Ubisoft lays off 40 staff working on Splinter Cell remake, says game remains in development

    February 20, 2026
    Lifestyle Tips

    From Altadena, Justina Blakeney Reflects on Life, Loss, and Rebuilding Her Home

    February 20, 2026
    Travel & Culture

    Armenia Joins Burundi, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Fiji, Haiti, Japan, Kenya, Laos, and More to Boom Tourism and Global Mobility with Indonesia’s New Visa Free Travel Access to Seventy Two Countries

    February 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Takehiro Hira to Receive THR’s Trailblazer Award at Tokyo Film Fest

    October 23, 20259 Views

    7 Trending Lifestyle Products UK Shoppers Love in 2026 ?

    February 9, 20264 Views

    Nvidia reportedly cancels partner incentive scheme to sell cards at MSRP, says YouTuber Der8auer, signalling hard times ahead for GPU prices

    January 23, 20264 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews
    World News

    Why Liverpool are feeling the effects of Trent Alexander-Arnold’s absence this season

    Trendyfii Media DeskOctober 19, 2025
    UK Updates

    The return of ‘Tescopoly’? How Britain’s biggest retailer dominates everyday life | Tesco

    Trendyfii Media DeskOctober 19, 2025
    US & Canada

    Beto O’Rourke ‘proud’ to join Austin ‘No Kings’ protest

    Trendyfii Media DeskOctober 19, 2025

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    Why Liverpool are feeling the effects of Trent Alexander-Arnold’s absence this season

    October 19, 20250 Views

    The return of ‘Tescopoly’? How Britain’s biggest retailer dominates everyday life | Tesco

    October 19, 20250 Views

    Prince Andrew latest: Prince William will ‘banish Andrew from royal life and future coronation’

    October 19, 20250 Views
    Our Picks

    Phil Spencer Leaving Xbox, As Microsoft AI Boss Takes Over And Promises No "Soulless AI Slop"

    February 20, 2026

    As one star from Cole Harbour, N.S. is forced to only watch, another plays hero

    February 20, 2026

    Dad murdered by teenagers in ‘unprovoked’ racist attack after dropping groceries at his mother’s house

    February 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Trendyfii – Global News Platform
    Trendyfii is a global news and lifestyle platform serving readers in the United States and United Kingdom.
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Disclaimer
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    © 2026 trendyfii. Designed by Pro.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.